Police – Suffolk Constabulary

As always, call 999 in an emergency.

However, Suffolk Constabulary have online reporting functions for various issues, including Theft, Fraud, Criminal Damage and Dashcam footage. For more information, and the correct steps to follow, check out their “Report Something” area on their website below:

Suffolk Police – Report Something

Power – UK Power Networks

You will be able to find regular updates on our website www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk and social media @UKPowerNetworks throughout this period.

Anyone experiencing a power cut should:

  • Call 105 to report power cuts and damage to the electricity network, or 0800 3163 105 (from a corded phone or mobile phone if you have no power)
  • Visit www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk for the latest updates
  • Visit www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/powercut and type in their postcode to view our live power cut map
  • Tweet @ukpowernetworks to report a power cuts or to receive updates

We urge the public to stay well clear from power lines and anyone spotting a damaged power line needs to report it to us immediately by calling 105 from a landline or mobile phone.

If they see electricity lines that are down or causing significant risk to the public they should call 999.

We provide extra help to customers on our Priority Service Register during a power cut. Households with older or disabled people, those with children under five, or where someone uses medical or mobility equipment that requires electricity as well as other reasons can join the register. You can find out more information about our Priority Service on our website: ukpowernetworks.co.uk/priority .

If you would like to share information about preparing for the extreme weather or the priority service register on social media you might like to use the following:

Water – Anglian Water

If you see a leak, you can report it:

  • Online using a quick and easy map to identify where the leak is
  • Ring our free 24/7 leakline number 0800 771 881 straight away.

The more information given, the quicker we can identify and fix the leak.

Things to tell us:

  • Location of the leak – drop a marker onto a google map so we know where the leak is.
  • Your contact details so we can call back if we need to.

Water – Essex & Suffolk Water

Leaks in the street

If you spot a leak in the street, you can help us to get is fixed by reporting it on our leakline 0800 526 337.

If it’s non urgent you can let us know by:

1) Completing our online form for non urgent leaks.
2) Tweeting a photograph of the leak to @eswater_care.
3) Notifying us using our web chat facility through our website.

If there’s a lot of water escaping we always try to get out as soon as we can. We know it can sometimes look as if it′s been a while before we′ve been able to fix the leak but we prioritise them based on how serious they are.

After you have reported a leak we visit the site of the leak to locate and identify the problem. If a leak is found we mark it in blue for repair. If the leak is within a customer’s property boundary we will make an appointment if necessary.

Medical Centre

Fressingfield Medical Practice

Out of Hours – Weekends and Nights
The Practice is closed all weekend and from 6.30pm each weekday evening until 8.00am the next morning – urgent problems and emergencies will be dealt with by the ‘Out of Hours’ service.

Always ring: 01379 586227 or 01379 384220 to contact the Emergency Doctor or ring 111. Please do not use the Out of Hours Service for routine enquiries such as making appointments, asking for results etc.

Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.

Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.

Refuse Collection

For Mid Suffolk refuse dates for 2018, see the Mid Suffolk website for collection days here: http://www.midsuffolk.gov.uk/waste-services/collection-days/

Collection Calendar 2018/19

Reporting a Faulty Street Light

Suffolk County Council have a dedicated online reporting tool for faulty street lighting, alternatively, you can contact the parish clerk regarding faulty lighting.


Reporting a Highways Issue

Suffolk County Council have an area of their website for reporting issues dealing with highways, which can be found on the SCC website here:


Useful Links

Suffolk County Council: https://www.suffolk.gov.uk/

Mid Suffolk District Council: http://www.midsuffolk.gov.uk/