Here’s how Suffolk Highways describes the work,
The work is a drainage improvement scheme comprising of the installation of new gullies and catchpits connected by 175m of new underground pipe. 130m in the carriageway. 45m in a non-attributed footway linking New Street with B1116 Harleston Road.
It is advertised as lasting for 9 weeks. This allows for encountering problems. It is hoped to be less than that. Also:
- During the working day, 8.30am – 5pm, access and exit for residents in cars will be ‘supervised’ by the workers. However, there may be times when they must use the alternative route to gain access to the village.
- A temporary walkway will be provided so that pedestrians can move around freely.
- During the evening and at night-time the works will be left safe and movement up and down New Street may be controlled by temporary traffic lights
- The medical centre lies outside the working area. It is likely that access from most parts of the village will be via the diversion. Unrestricted access will be available from the Wingfield side of the road closure only.
- The workers know Monday is bin collection day. The team will work with bin collection staff to get them away as quickly as possible.